The Steps: How does a Project with us Unfold For You? How do we Prepare Your Offering?
Time to Read 10 min (Summary 2 min)
When you carry out a project with us, you benefit from our mature processes for collaborative cooperation. How does a project ideally work for you? How does a project with us feel for you? For both cases,if you are carrying out a classic project with agile execution or a fully agile project?
Roughly speaking, the following phases result, which we pragmatically adapt to your needs depending on the project. This can mean that we e.g. only do software development or only project management.
Details on the phases and interactions with you can be found further below or by clicking on the links in the next paragraphs.
- Project Development/ Offer Phase: in this first phase, which is free of charge, in initial workshops we create a common understanding of the project with its technical, organizational and planning parameters together with you
Then the actual project can be carried out:
- Project Management: this runs parallel to the overall project, with the following interactions with you:
- Reporting: you receive a detailed, written project status per sprint, i.e. every four weeks, which we discuss together
- Meetings: depending on your needs, the project and the phase it is in, we pragmatically hold joint meetings, the outcomes of which we always protocol
- Changes/ Bugs: you enter them as "Customer Request" into our ticket system and we are implementing them or provide you with the basis for an implementation decision
- Substantial Decisions: if the risk management of the project requires a joint decision, we document the risk assessment and the decision in our ticket system.
The technical development roughly runs in two phases:
- System Design Phase: we work with you to create initial specifications and select key components for you ("system architecture"), these documents are approved by you and constantly updated during the:
- Product Development Phase: within the development phases, work is iterative, i.e. in sprints; this means that system integration, i.e. testing in your product and even at your customers is part of the sprint, which gives you the opportunity to discover and fix integration problems very early on
- Software Development: after an initial phase ("inception") you receive an executable software version per four-week sprint for testing on the hardware and in your system, your feedback flows into the next sprint
- Hardware Development: You will typically receive 2..3 versions of hardware prototypes for software and integration testing, we try to have these assembled by the manufacturer of the production devices whenever possible
- Certification/ Production Release: with the hardware prototypes and the associated software we perform the pre-compliance tests and then the compliance tests, these devices also serve you for validation, e.g. in field tests
After production launch begins:
- Product Maintenance: in this phase we carry out changes according to your wishes, solve problems, also with component obsolescence and carry out the 3rd level support for you