A Comparison of Strategies for Development of Products and Software
Time to Read 14 min (Summary 1 min)
Solcept is an engineering company that carries out embedded projects in two ways. On the one hand integrating our engineers into the customer's mixed team and on the other hand complete product development projects with our own processes and project management. We do this in teams of one or two up to more than ten specialists.
Working with an engineering service provider for complete projects or having them join the client's team is not necessarily the best choice for everyone. Sometimes freelancing, developing together with an assembler, off-shoring or hiring your own developers are better choices. In this post, we want to take an honest look at the different options for product and embedded software development.
What are the Options for Software and Product Development and what are their Advantages and Disadvantages?
Basically there are seven possibilities to develop software and electronics:
- Contracting as an external project to an engineering services company, either with execution as a classic project or fully agile
- Mixed team with an engineering office (co-development or co-creation)
- In-house embedded development team
- EEMS ( Electronics Engineering and Manufacturing Services), PCB assembler with development services
- University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule)
- Freelancer/ body leasing
- Near-shoring/ off-shoring
A summary can be found in the key takeaways.
In addition, for external projects, also with EEMS, the fundamental question arises: fixed price or time and material?
Are you ready for a project or considering a mixed team? Contact me!
| solidpro es
This was a very meaningful post
Embedded Engineering Services for Product Development